Monday, July 1, 2013

The Grand Tour

Dear readers:

For those of you who know me, it should come as no surprise that when I asked myself, "Should I start a new travel blog for my trip to Europe, or return to my old one?", my immediate answer was "Go back to Excellent Escapades -- because why start something when you can fix something to serve the same purpose?" So, here I am again, about to head off on a multi-week road trip through Europe to celebrate my graduation.

To briefly summarize: I will be visiting Dublin, London, Canterbury, Rome, Vatican City, Dusseldorf, Cologne, Heidelberg, and possibly Amsterdam and/or Strasbourg -- in that order, in a little over two weeks. I'll be traveling by plane, train, and bus -- first with my best friend from high school, Kallista, and then with my friend Ina, who I have known for years online but have yet to meet in person. Ina and I, both history buffs, jokingly call this trip "The Grand Tour".

I won't give too much away regarding what exactly we'll be doing in Europe, because I want to add some suspense for you readers, but, needless to say, there will be plenty of escapades, and hopefully some excellent photos. I aim to entertain, after all!

Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy what's to come!

- Beth


p.s. The farther back you go in my blog archives, the fewer photos you will see -- because for whatever reason, blogger.com decided to delete most of them. I've recovered some of them, but not all. Sorry about that, folks.
(On a related note: Please let me know if you have any idea how to get those photos back, or why they were deleted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment